No matter how much you try to prevent it, junk is bound to accumulate. While it can be eliminated, most people these days can’t seem to find the time or don’t have the ability to remove and dump the unwanted items themselves.
Under such circumstances, hiring a professional who would dispose of all the unwanted items is a fantastic idea. In fact, junk removal services have more advantages than you can count:
• Out with the old, in with the new! Once the junk is gone, you can start bringing in new stuff.
• Heavy and bulky junk that is hard to move by yourself can easily be removed by a team of professionals. They have the skills and equipment need to do the job safely.
• A professional will be familiar with proper methods for disposing of items like recyclables, wood, electronics and hazardous waste. This can be good for both your health and the environment
• Keeping your surroundings free of junk items such as worn-out couches or old cars will help prevent certain infections and diseases. This is because the stagnant water these items can hold is perfect for breeding mosquitoes, which carry many diseases. Standing water can also breed mold, parasites, bacteria and other health hazards for you to avoid.
• The trunk of an abandoned car or the inside of old refrigerators sometimes seems like good hiding places to children but they can be extremely hazardous and even deadly. Having junk removed with eliminating such an unnecessary risk.
• By getting rid of all the unwanted items from your premises, you will have extra space which you can use for more important and constructive purposes.
A Few Words of Caution
Although hiring a professional junk removal company does have its benefits, you should always be cautious of the service you hire. Here are some key aspects to keep in mind:
• Junk removal services often charge by the hour, by the load, or offer it along with another service such as dumpster rental. Make sure you are aware of all potential fees and are given a true quote for costs.
• You will be required to show proof of ownership, vehicle titles, and personal identification, to the company hired to remove junk cars from your property.
• Have an accurate understanding of how much rubbish needs to be removed. Knowing this and conveying it to the service provider will ensure they are prepared for the task with the right equipment and dumpster size.
• Junk collectors generally don’t take hazardous wastes and harsh chemicals. To dispose of household hazardous materials including oils, paints, batteries, and fluorescents bulbs contact your local municipality. Mecklenburg residents can visit the county website, here, for information on household hazardous waste disposal.
• A company may access a ‘minimum charge’ for their services. This means if you overestimate your need for the service they will still charge the full estimated price. This would be similar to a 30 cubic yard dumpster rental when you only need a 12 cubic yard container.
Other than this, you must ensure that the chosen company has all the equipment needed for clean and efficient waste disposal. A company should be able to come and go without a trace, meaning there is no debris left behind and minimal disturbance to home or lawn.
By now you know that businesses aren’t the only ones utilizing dumpster rentals and waste removal services as residential clients can also take advantage of these convenient services. Hoarders, do-it-yourselfers, and people moving and needing to declutter can all benefit by having a dumpster on hand and waste management team by their side.
Our city of Charlotte, NC has been fast to grow and with it an increasing need for garbage removal and recycling programs. Carolina Container Services believes in helping our neighbors keep our communities clean by offering junk removal, dumpster rental, and portable restroom rental service that will meet any demand.
If you’re looking for a junk removal service that is reliable and affordable, call us today. We look forward to helping you clean up!
Remember, junk and clutter can be hazardous. Small piles of clothing, newspapers, cushions, and boxes can easily become homes for rodents, roaches, and other pests. These pests leave behind feces, urine, fleas, and saliva that is filled with diseases. Clutter can also be a tripping hazard for children and the elderly.